Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Merry Belated Christmas

Since I took a bit of a blogging hiatus, I never got to say Merry Christmas and share any fun details from my holiday 2008 season. It was a lovely time, Katie and Kyle were the perfect hosts and their home is looking lovely. 

First of all, it wouldn't really be Christmas without a nod to everyone's favorite 24 hour movie marathon.

Looked fab on K & K's new tv.

Second we ate really, really well, in fact that is pretty much all we did. Here is a beauty of a shot. I think it really captures the excitement we all felt about all those sugarplums, er, sauteed mushrooms.

To me, this image is like a modern day Norman Rockwell. I am considering painting it...

And third, when I got home and was regaling tales of father - stepdaughter cooking, brother-in-law wine decanting and general family merrymaking to Brett, he commented that we seemed like such a fancy schmancy bunch. So I consoled him by sharing this picture that I snapped from Katie's oh-so-elegant dining table:

Katie, what is this lovely red sauce? I hear it pairs well with Yorkshire pudding.

Hope your holidays were happy!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I can assure you that I did not place that bottle of ketchup (or is it catsup when it's a fancy meal?) on the table. I blame kyle. I also would have given Scott a glass if he had just asked nicely.

Otherwise, thank you for the compliments, and please send me a link to the rest of your pictures - I never saw them!