Thursday, June 24, 2010

wanted : not nostalgic now, but think of it as a future heirloom


In my last post I waxed poetic on old stuff. Yeah yeah yeah, that's lovely, but right now I am itching to get my hands on some brand spankin' new mass produced consumer goods, namely bedside tables. Oh, ok, and barstools, too. But I just love these tables!

Renee side table - Horchow

My plan is to paint the bedroom a mustardy yellow (it is currently and uninspiring shade of blue that Brett picked before we were married) and play up my chocolate brown suede headboard, the West Elm dresser we scored earlier this year and then, in an effort to avoid trying to match woods exactly and keep the room feeling light, add some white accents. Just loving these tables. They are a great modern shape but have a bit of traditional styling for good measure. And I love the nailhead accents. Um, they are a teeny bit expensive though! So I think they will be on the wanted list for a while...



3 comments:

Courtney said...

Do you get the Horchow emails? I keep getting 30 and 40% off emails daily! Just sayin'...

xo.

eyeheartorange said...

yup! That is what prompted me to look at the site. But 30% off that price is still too much!

Christine said...

So new they are retro... 50's... just sayin'... flea market.