Sunday, August 16, 2009

vacation leg #2


Part 2 of vacation was Wallace Island with Dad and Pat. It was very relaxing, we really just hung out. The highlight for me was Brett holding my step sister's three month old baby! No photographic evidence of that but yes, it did happen. Dad and Pat gave us the royal River treatment: lots of good food, no wake up call and plenty of dock time.

typical dock behavior

I love these plates, they have been around as long as I can remember and were my great grandmother's

Again, the wedding dress diet was on hold, look at this text book cottage lunch: leftover porkloin grilled sandwhich with local cheddar cheese, greasy non-baked chips (the good ones at the bottom of the bag), and Oreos for dessert. Dad swears he only buys this stuff when we visit... do I believe that? Of course, he would never fib.


We had a tiny visitor one afternoon on the dock, Alice the Jack Russel from next door. Dog + baby in one visit? I was loving this.

I really think we need one of these...

Dad found these chairs a few years ago on the side of the road and has refinished and recovered them! Aren't they great? There is a really cool matching couch. I had to give them a shout out because they are the loveliest shade of orange... nice choice, Dad. Okay, maybe Pat had a teeny hand in that :)


I want these on my porch

Other highlights of this trip included a very nice dinner out (thanks again, Dad and Pat), Brett just going for it and diving right in, a crazy low fly-over by dad and his pilot buddy (they did a 360° right over the water, it was awesome) and rediscovering the outdoor shower (I think we're going to need one of those, too. Yes, we live in downtown Atlanta).

Thanks for a great visit to the 1000 Islands! We'll be back.

jcpflyer

see you next summer!

4 comments:

Zoo Keeper said...

I"ve never seen a jack Russel sleep like that. Just sayin' I'm pretty sure they don't usually lay around a lot!!

eyeheartorange said...

She's reaaaaal old. Dream dog.

Courtney said...

Ah, what a fun trip!

emr said...

man im behind on the whole blog reading thing but the plates you love are the same plates i grew up with in my parents' house!