Monday, October 19, 2009

smells like...


We just opened yet another wedding gift; very nice cushy towels. As we were oohing and ahhing and feeling the Egyptian cotton plushiness, Brett's like, "these smell like something from childhood. Swim goggles, they smell like new swim goggles, the foam around the edges." I thought they smelled like the piny, chilly scent of the Christmas stuff that my mom would pull out of the basement every year. And there you have it. Pretty soon they'll smell like Tide.

Today I just feel lucky to smell anything. We spent ALL DAY yesterday cleaning out the vacuous storage closets in my place and dragging stuff off to Goodwill. Including a 1999 iMac, a full set of art history text books from Alfred University circa 2000 and 7 flat pillows on which I am sorry to say I have been forcing my guests to sleep, not realizing really how yucky they were. Anyway, all that cleaning and kicking up of dust made me sneeze at least 200 times. Miserable. But the apartment feels so much lighter with out all that stuff, not to mention bad memories and waste of space.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I wish we had a reason to declutter. I mean, the fact that I want to, SHOULD be reason enough. I am good at purging closets, but oh my goodness, have we spread out into each of our homes. I might never move again...

Glad you were able to get rid of that old loot!