Monday, September 29, 2008

Jury Duty: Part 1

It's 8:10. I have been at jury duty for 10 minutes. There is already a woman I want to, at the very least, pinch really hard. She has been through jury duty 4 times and has never been picked. She told her husband, Ralph (seriously), that she has had it and she is moving out of Fulton County. She is now talking above the din of 200 other Fulton County residents on her cell phone. She likes to use clichés, like "things have a way of working themselves out." "He's a numbers guy." "I'm over it." "He's top man on the totem poll." We all have a thing we repeat when we can't think of a word; her's is blah blah blah. She thinks it would be a good idea to stop voting so she won't get picked anymore for jury duty. Great attitude. I hope she and her ugly Vera Bradley purse are excused very soon.

Oh, and now she's talking about her colonoscopy, her husband's colonoscopy, and all their friends' colonoscopies. Lovely.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

OMG. Nothing about that is good. Nothing.

emr said...

what is up with fulton county and everyone getting called for jury duty? i feel like everyone has been called at least once.

eyeheartorange said...

I know! I've been called once before and Sara and Angie have both been on trials this year! Sara is in week 3 of her's right now...

I don't mind JD, I mean, I'm just chillin' and I have work I can do here.

L said...

Lovely.

I didn't mind JD, but I didn't get picked, either. We had to watch a film with a Judge talking about JD, but she had an unfortunate Barbara Walters speech impediment, so I would crack up every time she said joowy doowty.