Saturday, January 9, 2010

a cutting mustard


Not sure we'll finish the ENTIRE jar...

Whenever my dad visits and asks if he can bring us something from home, I always request horseradish. Real, hot, fresh horseradish root; none of this "prepared horseradish sauce" that you get down here that is really just spicy mayonnaise. Dad opted to throw in a Hotter Than Hell mustard this batch. We found it in the fridge today, and it's getting used since a big portion of my new year's resolution has to do with making use of what I've got. Brett stepped up to the lunch plate today and slathered some on, pretty much a wasabi-roast beef nightmare. There were some tears, some light sweating, milk consumption. Thanks, dad - youch.

application prowess: 3.5 out of a possible 4 stars

pepper jack cheese for extra kick

only real men can cry


4 comments:

L said...

I was just lamenting prepared horseradish....

JuneBug said...

try putting it in a homemade bbq sauce recipe...

eyeheartorange said...

oooh, June. That is a great idea!

Zoo Keeper said...

My nose hairs are burning just looking at his picture!!