Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hello again.

Last night I had 6 people over for dinner, and I only had 5 good crystal wine glasses so I decided to bite the bullet and splurge on some really nice stemless glasses. I love them, but I must say it was a tad bittersweet because I guess I always figured I would just get them when I got married. Boo hoo for me. I discussed this fact with the girls at dinner and we all agreed it is sort of annoying that you can't have a moment like that anymore without the Carrie Bradshaw reference. Luckily, as usual the wine solved all of our woes.

We cut the evening short because I needed to leave the house at 6:15 this morning for a half marathon right here in Atlanta. Only if I didn't see several familiar landmarks along the way, I probably would have guessed I was running through the NoCo. It was really cold!! This race also ended with a little blue box, but the contents were a bit of a let down. A) I really don't resemble the running silver stick figure pendant and B) I think with my entry fee I ended up paying about $75 for something that came from 100silver.com. Oh well, that's not what it's about, right? Hmm, who would love a nice silver runner necklace from Santa? 

I can't wait to see the race pictures of me at the finish. I usually hate these pictures, (who looks good running?) so coming up to the finish, I made a point to straighten out my shirt, tuck my hair behind my ears and smile, hoping for a good one. Then this girl I had been battling with for the last two miles came out of nowhere and thought she'd sneak by and beat me. Guess she didn't know about the Tera turbo button that gets activated right before the finish. So I smoked her, but in doing I'm pretty sure I sacrificed the running glamour shot I was going for.

And now? Nap time. Enjoy your Sunday!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

What was on your dinner menu?

Sounds like a great weekend!

L said...

I love stemless. Great for couch sitting.