Friday, July 16, 2010

all kinds of awesome


This has been a good week. (But of course I am glad it's over and I am home drinking margs) I completed a painting to give to baby Kinsley that I think is the cutest one yet, and got three new orders! So now I am working on a P, a D and a yet to be named baby :) The P is for Presley and the D is for Davis, such adorable names. I love thinking about baby names. Mommies, was that a fun experience for you? Too much cuteness. I also have a new idea for some custom paintings that will be adorable and meaningful, but not nearly as time consuming as the alphabet monograms. I hope. I want to work on a prototype this weekend and I might ask ya'll for some feedback!

Tuesday I sat down to plan some travel and ohmygod we have seven sets of plane tickets to buy between now and Christmas : Brett's gramma turns 80, camping with my dad, girls weekend, wedding, trip to Ireland with K and K, Christmas in Philly, and we really want to go somewhere warm alone right after Christmas... Atlanta, I love you but this is getting crazy. I sort of hope no one gets married in 2011. Sorry, guys.

And what do you think of me as a blonde? I was waiting to get my hair done today and tried on this random wig, which I sort of love. I went through a phase where I wanted really platinum blonde hair, but never did it. Hmmm...

Happy Friday! xoxo

5 comments:

JuneBug said...

I like the blonde, but I think I prefer you with a short darker do...

The naming process was indeed fun. We had decided to pick an L name for Lili b/c we J then K. But couldn't agree on a good boy name, so it would have been Eliot if she was a boy. Mira was locked in with "M" of course, and her naming process was waaay easy. In the midst of my brother and sisinlaw arguing over their 1st baby's name, Keith turns to me from his babyname iphone app and says "how bout Mira" and I say OK! The middle names are most fun, though. I think middle names say so much more about a person...

Philip and Stacy said...

dear tera,
thank you so much for beautiful new painting. mommy says that you worked sooo hard on it, and it was such a special gift! it looks perfect on the wall in my nursery. in fact, it was the final touch. thank you, thank you, thank you...oh, and i loved meeting you on wednesday :)
love,
kinsley

Courtney said...

I like the hair! I, however, have commitment issues when it comes to changing things up, and tend to do it quite often.

I don't even remember discussing what we were naming Benjamin. I think I said "What about Benjamin Hunter?" and that was that.

Miss you! xo.

Katie said...

I think you should remain a brunette.

Lovely B. said...

Thanks for stopping by Lovely B. and I like your blog too!

The blonde wig is cute. Maybe don't start out platinum - could be a bit severe and will probably cause crazy damage and ridiculous upkeep. Instead go for some honey highlights and ease into it. I think it would look beautiful but I'm a bit biased :) Plus, how will you ever know if blondes have more fun unless you give it a try?